Friday, August 10, 2012

Burland, Llangollen – Thursday 9 August 2012
A short pleasant day – left Wrenbury at 09:00 and covered 4 miles and 5 locks by midday, on schedule as I have told friends who live round here where I will be each night.  Once the sun had ‘burnt-off’ the clouds the day has been glorious – high level mares tails and very warm.  At the last lock I managed to drop the windlass, a quick check where and I tossed the ‘Sea-Searcher’ magnet in its bag onto the lockside as a guide.  When the boat was moored below the lock I went back and a very, very helpful dog from one of the other boats brought me the bag!!  I knew what side I had dropped the windlass but because my marker had been moved I had to fish further than I needed, however I managed to recover it.  I have moored just north of Platt’s Bridge (number 5) a spot that should be quiet but get the early morning sun, no sooner had I tied up than three other boats did the same.  A family of swans (two adults and five large grey ones) decided that I should be feeding them and were most upset when they realised that there was no food for them so off they went hissing to the other boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment