Monday, August 20, 2012

Lymm, Bridgewater – Monday 20 August 2012
Saturday I wandered around the area, quiet village with buses to other places!

Sunday I went to church in St John the Evangelist in Walton.  This is a Victorian Church founded by Sir Gilbert Greenall (of the brewery) and Consecrated in 1885.  It is set in spacious grounds that are laid out with various paths, giving pleasant walks including one down to the canal.

Monday I thought that I would be travelling in rain which had started at 06:00, but by 09:00 the sun was out and I headed off as I needed to go to the banks in Stockton Heath.  On the way back I stopped at Thorn Marine and bought an emergency ladder (for climbing back onto the boat) and managed to come away without it.  After a couple of phone calls Susan (from Braidbar) is going to collect it on my behalf.  Apart from the early rain the weather has been lovely all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment