Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lord Vernon’s Wharf, Macclesfield - Thursday 30 August 2012
Only a short run today – from Marple to Higher Poynton, a distance of 4 miles.  At High Lane (about the halfway point) I saw New Dawn who were waiting for Peter to bring a new shell out so that they could tow it to Lord Vernon’s Wharf ready for fitting out.  I went on and moored at the water point and went in to see Susan while the tank was filling with water.  She had my ladder from Thorn Marine and also a gilet that I had ordered for the Crick Show but got missed (the supplier didn’t have maroon in my size).  Shortly after there was a call from Peter to say that they had arrived and all the yard staff went out to get the shell in as it has no engine at this stage.  A slick operation, obviously practised with each member knowing what to do with very few orders from Peter.

Once the water tank was full I moored just south of Bridge 15 (on this canal the count is from Marple at bridge 1) and tomorrow will start getting ready for the open day on Saturday 8th September.

No comments:

Post a Comment